* Stretch Bracelets *
To extend the life of your stretch bracelet, roll the beads over your wrist instead of pulling on the bracelet to stretch over your hand. This stretches the elastic as little as possible and will reduce the stress on the elastic, keeping the bracelet in top shape over time.
* 14K Gold Filled Jewelry & Care *
Gold filled jewelry is easy to care for and with proper care, can maintain its golden shine for a lifetime. Gold filled refers to the process in which gold is heat and pressure bonded to a brass core. Because this process completely covers the surface of the base metal with real 14K gold, the result is a product that is both tarnish resistant and generally safe to wear for those with sensitivities to common metals. Furthermore, gold filled contains much more gold than gold plated jewelry - by law, gold filled jewelry contains 5% or 1/20 gold by weight.
Exposure to water and chemicals from cosmetics can lead to tarnishing over time; the oils from your skin may transfer to the metal causing it to lose its brightness.To keep your jewelry looking its best:
- Allow hairspray, lotions, and perfumes to dry before wearing your jewelry.
- Remove before entering water.
- Store your jewelry in a small plastic bag when you are not wearing it to protect it from exposure to chemicals and moisture.
- Wipe down your 14K gold filled jewelry using a soft untreated cloth.
- For a deeper cleaning, use a soft brush with a solution of water and mild, unscented dish soap. Gently clean your jewelry, rinse well, pat and air dry. Make sure the jewelry is completely dry before storing away.